Thursday, January 29, 2015

Up in the clouds

That's Simon Says Stamp's Monday's blog challenge.  I used my far, far away kit from Studio Calico, Fiskars cloud punches and Dina Wakley's scribbly bird stamp and Freckled Fawn puffy heart sticker to make this...

The bird was stamped on water color paper and painted with watercolors.  The background is also water color paper painted with water colors.  Loved this challenge!

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #198

A fabulous tutorial is up at Papertrey Ink for a 3 panel card.  I used the 6x6 Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper Party Day paper and made this card.

For the front, I used a button and brad and tied the card together with a piece of twine.

The inside middle section has banners, sequins and the sentiment.

The bottom section is made with a strip of paper and this fun  dangled stars die from PTI.

And the top is a piece of paper from the pack.

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 22, 2015

and a second card with cute little girl

My second card (actually 2) took the B side of one of the papers and a cute (ok...super cute) Ashley Goldberg stamp and the amazing sparkle die from Papertrey Ink. I actually made 3 girls, but mags took the one with the red hair.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January stash busting project revealed.

I have picked the Holly collection from Crate Paper for my January stash busting project.  I picked this, put it back as too hard since it is a Christmas line and then picked it back up...I am always up for a good challenge.
I am working through the Sparkle class at Studio Calico and have been inspired to sparkle up my projects...a win/win in my book.

Here is what I am starting with...

There are about 8 full 12x12 pieces of paper, some partial sheets of paper, diecuts and 2 sheets of alphas...yes this is going to be a challenge.

The first cards I made (and I made 2 of them) uses the back side of the diecut circles, the solid B side of one of the papers and the stamp set from this Studio Calico kit.  It is still available. 

The sentiment and elephant were embossed with silver metallic Zing embossing powder and then the parachute was embossed on a different sheet of paper and the elephant was stamped with Color Theory ink and then cut out.  I gave one of the to a student who graduated last week and the second one will go in my graduation card stash.

I am hoping to SPARK some ideas that will allow you to look at your stash in new and different ways.  One great way to update old product is to use new stamps...that immediately makes the project feel more current.

Monday, January 19, 2015

And now the rest of the story.

The end of the Crate Paper Avenue story that is. I had only scraps left after the first 8 cards and managed to make 3 additional cards.

The bird stamp came from this Studio Calico kit and the happy new year stamp came from this Kelly Purkey stamp set.  Both are still available.

And when it was all said and done I had this...

this is the back side of the diecuts...I kept them because they are white and have a nice texture...

And then I made these tags with the alphas...

I get bonus points for using up some KI tags, Teresa Collins enamel dots and Jenni Bowlin red labels.

And then there was this...

I kept these too...I have an idea and maybe I'll try it some day;)

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Happy 2015!

So what if it's a little late, right? I'm always late to the party.  I have been taking on stash busting projects to reduce the amount of stuff I have taking up space in my house and I thought it might be fun to share here.

My one little word for 2015 is spark and I hope I can help spark your creativity by showing you how I go about using up some very old supplies.

The first stash busting project is going to involve the Crate Paper Avenue Collection.  What I love about these vintage Crate Paper lines is that the B side is a solid color and that lends itself to making cards very nicely.

I'll try to remember to get pictures, but some of these will be coming from Instagram so the quality may not be that great.

Here is what I am starting with...3 full sheets of paper, some partial paper pieces, some die cuts and an incomplete set of alphas.

I started off with making 8 Happy New Year shaker cards...4 of each of these styles.

The card on the left uses the B sides of 2 of the papers and the card on the right uses 1 A and 1 B side. The stamp set is from this Studio Calico kit and the colored ink is Color Theory.